As what we know on March 07 the Singapore Tourism Board(STB)completed its $40-million make-over of Orchard Road. But a interesting predominant happened--40 out of 100 people polled along Orchard Road by life style did not notice anything different.
Is that really worth to cost $40-million to do this useless makeover? I do not think so.
First as in STB'opinion they change the street lamps, coordinated street furniture, decorate the glass panels and potted flower totems. Also they said it's really numerous change while the things just like everyone can not notice it. Even myself I go for Orchard for several time I didn't know that until I saw the news in the newspaper. So how can a thing that even cannot be notice to benefit the society?
Then what I thought instead of spend money on the beautiful flower towers and elegant glass panels and other useless things there is something more useful. For instanse,like improve the pedestrian walkways and underpasses between shop malls. widen them, replace steps with ramps, escalators with travellayors or lifts.Insdead of doing something for Orchard,40$-million can use for durnation,to build the orange MRT lane, to give to the poor student. All this is much better than what the STB do.
so as what I thought reject the $40-million orchard road make-over
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment